Pay Per Click
Pay Per Click a model of internet marketing where advertisers pay a fee each time one of their ads is clicked. PPC is a way of buying visits to one’s website. Search engine advertising is one of the most popular forms of PPC.
Pay Per Click Checklist
Start Your PPC Campaign
1. Determine your daily, weekly and monthly budgets.
2. Choose your keywords. Most search engines use a bidding process to determine the cost per click for a specific keyword, so the words you choose will depend not only on your business, but also on your budget.
3. Determine which PPC program you’ll use. Some popular options are GoogleAdWords, Yahoo! Search Marketing, Ask Sponsored Listings and Bing.
4. Sign up for your account(s).
Write Your Ads
1. Write at least two ads for each keyword so you can test which one is most effective.
2. Create an attention-getting headline that relates to your product.
3. Include your keyword in the ads so viewers will know it relates to the search they performed.
Monitor Your Performance
1. Do a daily check to make sure you haven’t hit your budget limit prematurely.
2. Look at your keywords and calculate your return on investment.
3. Adjust your spend to put your money on keywords that are generating the best return.
4. Look at which ads are performing the best. Eliminate the ones that aren’t doing well.
5. Write new ads to test their effectiveness against your top performers.